Farm Succession Planning with Personal Coaching for Participating Families
Washington and Oregon Extension faculty conducted a farm succession planning project based on needs assessment of farm families. From November 2006 through January 2008 we held 3 workshops at each of 6 locations. Participation greatly exceeded expectations - we reached 282 farm families!
Workshop topics included;
• developing farm succession plans,
• communicating successfully with family members,
• identifying appropriate professional input,
• reviewing estate laws,
• writing wills,
• conducting successful family meetings,
• overcoming difficulties,
• optimizing attorney time,
• specifying inheritance of treasured personal items,
• protecting the business in the event of sudden death,
• getting motivated!
We recognized that farm succession planning is challenging. The 85 families who committed to developing a succession plan received free coaching from WSU-trained coaches who had experience in business and/or banking. The coaches contacted the client families regularly with encouragement. If requested, they met in person to assist families with goal-setting or to facilitate meetings.
Number of Participants: 378
There are no promotional materials available for this project.
There are no educational materials available for this project.
REPORTS & EVALUATIONS
There are no reports or evaluations available for this project.